We are working on a Handbook and the assembly instructions and then the first two models of the DIY Midi Flute Kits are ready and will be available in short time. So work is going on. We will inform you, if the first Kits are ready for shipment. The Flute is in teststate and works fine. We are working on some case changes. The used hardware of the flutes are different from my first prototype project. This flutes are build with complete other hardware and materials.
Attached: A new photo of the two ready models. Both are USB-midi flutes and are not lacquered.
The white one is Peter’s Pocket Sista and the grey one is Peter’s Bro (for the bigger hands – on photo the last prototype. Kit-Version has the same straight Tube as the little Pocket Sista – only other diameter). For relation of the size we dropped a normal soprano (descant) recorder beneath the two midi flutes.
Peter’s Pocket Sista has a length from round about 26 cm (without mouthpiece), a diameter of 2,5 cm and a weight of circa 100 gram.
Peter’s Bro is circa 33 cm (without mouthpiece), with diameter of 3,2 cm and a weight of 135 gram.
Technical data :
– Direct access of 5 Octaves. Octaves can be moved up or down in the Octaverange of 10 Octaves.
– Transpose button / function.
– German or Baroque flute fingering (one halftone button sep.).
– Define your own fingering and load it into the flute
– USB midi out interface. Flute works on Tablet PC’s (Tablet needs a host mode !). Tested with different models.
– Breath controller (with calibration function / auto calibration).
– Midi : Switchable between Breath controller output (cc2), output with volume control (cc7) instead of Breath control and map to cc11, map to cc11, map to cc7, output as Aftertouch and AfterTouch with fixed volume (for study).
– Configurable Sensor buttons (dry/wet hands etc..)
– Configurable Breath controller (Sensitivy, Delay…)
– The Flute is fully configurable with the included PC-Software.
– You can add 8 Program Change or CC commands (storable)
– The Flute has a build in Note-Filter per Octave, so you can address max. 5 Instruments directly (one per octave).
– Target is a slow machine function. It reduces the amount of Breathcontrol data you send to the target synth. That gives you the possibility to play on a weak Tablet or slow Softwaresynth. You lost a little bit of accuracy, but it works fine.
– Turn the large Sensor buttons in the position you need. For left or right handed, short or long fingers.
– Different mouthpieces are available
– Many colors and decoration foils possible
Additional equipment will be available if the Kits are released.
This homepage is only my private site. Information where you can order the Kits, will be distributed, if the Kits are ready for shipment. If you have questions, don’t hesitate to contact me or leave a message as comment or in the guestbook.